Praise & Thanks To God

Psalms 145:1-3 NKJV
"I will extol You, my God, O King; And I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, And I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord , and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable."

How many of us had a warm night's sleep? 
How many of us had food to eat this morning?
How many are able to read this because: 1) you were allowed to awake to see another day, 2) you were blessed with another day of sight, and 3) you have the blessing of being able to read & comprehend?

We can go on & on with this list, but the point is this: how many blessings has the Lord given us & continues to bless us with & do we praise Him as we should, or do we forget?

If you're like me you find the answer to that last question both sobering & shameful at times. The thoughts in my mind, as I reflect on the goodness of God, go like this:

"God gives me life; provisions to live; the means to share with others; the gospel that affords me the opportunity to serve Him as I should; & His Son who freely offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for my sins, that by obedience to Him I can have access to salvation & hope of Heaven...what have I given Him? How am I living my life in return for all this?"

At a time when so many are intent to follow through this year on those resolutions made just last week, what about making a resolution to live for the Lord? How are we determining to set about doing this great task?

Let us not forget the One True God who gives us life, breath, time, means, & opportunity to serve Him & inherit eternal life. Devote some time to praise Him today, thank Him for all you have & are, & share His word with another. Let your light shine today & don't let anyone or anything rob you of your goal of making it home to Heaven.

Friends, love the Lord, truly love Him with all you have & are! We're not guaranteed another second, make each & every one today count for good & not evil - for one day we will surely give account for it all (Eccl.12:14).

Guard your heart, your thoughts, your speech, the sight of your eyes, what you hear with your ears, your body, your family, your influence, & your whole life because satan only needs a small opening - just a moment of us losing focus - in order to enter our lives and tear us to pieces (1Peter 5:8).

Praise the Lord for His wonderful goodness, mercy, grace, love, provision, patience, & for yet another day/opportunity to serve Him as we should. Praise Him, praise Him!


Thanks for dropping in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through God We Will Do Valiantly

Efficient

Veterans' Day