At The End Of The Day

At The End Of The Day (2 Cor.5:1-10)

At the end of the day...
I come home.
I come home to my family.
I come home to my loving and beautiful best friend, mother of our child, my wife.
I come home to my precious, already active, soon-to-be-born son.
I come home to our energetic, crazy but affectionate dogs.
I come home to our house that keeps us warm, keeps us comfortable, keeps us sheltered from the weather.
I come home to where we have food to spare, clothes to wear, and comforts of this life aplenty.
I come home to where the Bible is read, the Lord is our bread, and the riches in Christ flow abundantly.
I come home to where peace reigns, where gentleness abounds, where care and concern for others and one another are real. 
I come home to a woman who knows me intimately, sees my faults and my triumphs, and still stands faithfully by my side; someone who truly loves me.
I come home to a woman who is invested and cares what I have to say, truly listens to me, and encourages me to be a better man; the man I should be, the man I want to be, the man God expects me to be.
I come home to a woman who loves the Lord more than she loves me, who loves her fellow man, who loves everyone; someone who I have rarely, if ever, heard a cross word come out of her mouth about someone else...truly, "on her lips is the law of kindness" (Prov.31:26).
I come home, at the end of every day, to see that everything I want out of life - everything and anything that matters - is right before my eyes, in my hands, in my heart, right here in my home.
I come home, I thank the Lord, and I prepare my household to live faithful lives so that one day we can all go home, together, to our Father in Heaven.
At the end of the day I come home.

I come home so that, at the end of my days here upon this earth, I may finally go home to my Father and King in Heaven.

So then, at the end of the day, wherever I may be, whether it be temporal or eternal - I'm always going home. What about you, friend? Where are you headed (2 Pet.3:9-12)?

Let's focus our minds toward pressing on to that goal throughout this day, and each day, of reaching home. We shall surely reap if we faint not (Gal.6:1-10).

"For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we  are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord."  ~II Corinthians 5:1, 5-8 NKJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veterans' Day

Heart of Josiah

The Art of Avoidance