Spoken Word

Spoken Word

God's word is a spoken word, always has been and always will be. 
Let's take a quick walk through Scripture and see this laid out:

  • God, by His word, spoke into existence all Creation (Gen.1)
  • God speaking directly to the fathers (Gen.3-50)
  • God's speaking of His law to Moses on Sinai and guiding His people through the wilderness (Exodus-Deuteronomy)
  • God speaking to and through the prophets; God's prophets speaking to His people (the rest of the Old Testament)
  • God coming in form of man, Jesus Christ "the Word", and speaking unto man (Jn.1)
  • God's word to be heard, which builds faith and demands response, and to be continually spread by all who believe and obey it (Rom.10; Matt.28:18-20)
  • God directing that salvation come via the "foolishness" of preaching  (1Cor.1:18-25)
  • God directing what our manner of speech is to be as His children (Jms.3; 1Pet.4:11; Eph.4:29)

Friend, don't you see, God's word is a spoken word! 
So the question remains: are you speaking His word
Has the world heard, from our lips, the word of God? If not, why not?
What will we do, what shall we speak, this blessed day of the Lord?
"O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips." Psalm 63:1-5

"How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord! Teach me Your statutes. With my lips I have declared All the judgments of Your mouth."Psalm 119:9-13 

Let it be so with us, friends and brethren, that we speak those words of God, words which bring life (Eph.4:29-32; 1Jn.1:5-10).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Avoidance

Through God We Will Do Valiantly

Efficient