Battle

Battle

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle— " (Psa.144:1)

"Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle." (Psa.24:7-8)

Are you ready for a fight today?

In the wee hours of the morning I rise before the sun, preparing myself for the day ahead my hands shake and my fingers feel stiff as I pick up my sword. I pray to my God that I will have the strength and presence of mind this day to wield the sword with courage, strength, and precision. My attention goes to strengthening my mind with His word so I may handle this sword with heavenly wisdom, a soldier's unwavering resolve, and with unflinching valiance. We, my God and I, prepare as I listen to my Commander instruct me in the ways I should go. He gives me the path to walk, He lights and leads the way, He prepares my heart, He lovingly gives me my daily sustenance and He is ever with me.

I walk out and the world is dark, yet with each step I take while following my Lord the world illuminates and hope spreads. My heart is filled with gladness and my eyes are bright with the prospect of leading others in following my Holy and Awesome God. My lips are tuned to praising Him this day, my hands have ceased their shaking and are firm, my fingers grasp tightly the sword of the Lord, I am ready for battle. My armor has never felt so snug, it feels like part of my skin, I'm ready to move (Eph.6:10-17). Onward we go, facing down the enemy and slaying each attempt to lead astray. You, O Lord, have truly trained me well, may I never be so foolish as to stray. I am ready, Lord, to slay the beast lurking in the darkness and go to my homeland of heaven when the battle has ended. Let the enemies of the Lord know, and may they never forget, I fight for the Lord! A soldier of the Almighty stands ready to defeat the evil, wherever it may present itself and there is no partiality. The truth of God will be defended by my hand, for the Lord has trained me to do so Himself with that very truth.

The Son has risen, the world is illuminated, the day has begun. I hear the noise of battle, my skin gets chills, my heart beats faster, my eyes flash. My Lord leads the charge, and the battle cry goes out throughout the camp, "The battle is the Lord's!!! Soldiers of the Lord, onward!!!"

Truth will prevail, stand and fight!

"I said to the Lord: “You are my God; Hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord . O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle..." (Psa.140:6-7)

"Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord  does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord's, and He will give you into our hands.” (1 Sam.17:45-47)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veterans' Day

Through God We Will Do Valiantly

Efficient